1000 Holt Ave
Winter Park, FL 32789
Call for Papers
13th China goes Global Conference
Globalization, Cooperation and Conflict Redefined
Sept 30 – Oct 2, 2019
Rollins College, Orlando, Florida
The 13th Annual China goes GlobalTM conference will be held at Rollins College in Winter Park (Orlando), Florida. We encourage paper writers, panel presenters, book authors, professionals, representative of firms and PhD students studying China’s globalization tosubmit their work on our website (http://www.chinagoesglobal.org/conference/paper-submission). CGG is interested in examinations of how Chinese movements of people, ideas, money and products affect nations, industries and companies from around the world. We seek multi-disciplinary, multi-method and multi-level studies on the globalization of China in general.
Our call for papers includes, but is not limited, to the following topics:
Context & Theories
- Theory, Research and Education on Chinese firm’s globalization
- Globalization of Chinese Capital, Companies, and People
- Negotiation, Language, and Culture
- China’s Belt and Road Initiative
- Chinese Investment and Trade with Regional Focus
Systems & Sectors
- China and Energy Policy
- China goes global by industries: Automobile, Finance, Telecommunication, Health Care, Service, etc.
- The Role of Communication, Media and Public Relations
- Chinese Outward Foreign Direct Investment, M&A, subsidiaries
- Resource, strategic asset and market seeking of Chinese MNCs
- Corporate Governance and Strategic HRM of Chinese MNCs
- Supply chain management of Chinese MNCs
- Corporate Social Responsibility and Business Ethics of Chinese MNCs
Specificity of Innovation Process
- Upgrading processes of Chinese firms
- Upgrading of Capabilities, Technology, and Strategic Assets
- Education, University-Industry Partnerships and the Not-for-Profit sector
- Chinese Small and Medium Enterprises and Entrepreneurship
- “Made in China 2025”, “China A.I. by 2030” Policies and the National Innovation System
Please submit your paper through our online submission system no later than xxx, 2019. Papers should follow the author style and referencing guide provided on the conference website. By submitting a paper, all authors also agree to review up to 3 papers, and at least one author agrees to attend the conference.
Deadline for submission: April 15, 2019 Paper acceptance/rejection: May 30, 2019 Revised paper submission: June 30, 2019
As in past years, several points of distinction will mark this year’s conference:
Special Issue: A special issue from the conference will be published by the International Journal of Emerging Markets, an Emerald journal that is indexed and ranked by Scopus and ABS. Articles from past Special Issues have achieved a high number of downloads and citations. (see:http://www.emeraldgrouppublishing.com/products/journals/journals.htm?id=ijoem)
Keynoters: This year’s keynoters will be among the foremost experts in emerging markets.We will utilize both an academic and a practitioner to keynote. For a list of previous keynoters, see: http://www.chinagoesglobal.org/past-conferences/previous-key-noters/
Doctoral consortium: a doctoral paper development program will be given to early-career researchers, with the purpose of helping them publish the ideas/papers in a top peer-reviewed journal.
Local Attractions: There will be some local tours to internationalizing companies and/or institutions.
Awards: A number of awards will be given to recognize excellent contributions, including best paper, best reviewer, and best PhD paper awards. The best paper awards will also confer on the recipient priority review to the International Journal of Emerging Markets.
Prof. Dr. Ilan ALON, School of Business and Law, Universitetet i Agder, Norway
Dr. Julian CHANG, PwC China, Shanghai, China
Prof. Dr. Christoph LATTEMANN, Jacobs University Bremen, Germany
Prof. Dr. John R. MCINTYRE, Georgia Institute of Technology, USA
Prof. Dr. Francesca SPIGARELLI, University of Macerata, Italy
Prof. Dr. William Hua WANG, emlyon business school, France & China
Prof. Wenxian ZHANG, Rollins College, USA (Conference Chair/Host)