The Hong Kong Association of Atlanta, The ICA Institute, and The Carter Center Present:
Can ONE BELT/ONE ROAD Improve Indo-China Relationships?
With Keynote Speaker TN Ninan
The Silk Road Economic Belt and the 21st-century Maritime Silk Road also known as One Belt, One Road (abbreviated OBOR) is a development strategy and framework, proposed by Chinese leader Xi Jinping that focuses on connectivity and cooperation among countries primarily between the People’s Republic of China and the rest of Eurasia, which consists of two main components, the land-based “Silk Road Economic Belt” (SREB) and oceangoing “Maritime Silk Road” (MSR) (Source: Wikipedia).
September 21, 2017
9:00 am – 9:30 am Registration. Coffee and Tea
9:30 am – 10:00 am Welcome Remarks
Hon. Nagesh Singh, Consul General of India in Atlanta
10:45 am – 12:30 pm Panel Discussion
- Holli Semetko, Asa Griggs Candler Professor of Media & International Affairs / Professor of Political Science, Emory University
- Dr. Jag Sheth, Founder, ICA Institute, Charles H. Kellstadt Professor of Marketing, Goizuetta School of Business, Emory University
- Dr. Fei-ling Wang, Professor at the Georgia Institute of Technology’s Sam Nunn School of International Affairs
- Henry Yu, Executive Director, Asian Investors Consortium
- Ziad Haider, Senior Associate (Non Resident), Simon Chair in Political Economy, CSIS
12:30 pm – 2:00 pm Lunch with Keynote Speaker
TN Ninan, Chairman & Editorial Director Business Standard LTD.
- Dr. Jag Sheth, Founder, ICA Institute, Charles H. Kellstadt Professor of Marketing, Goizueta School of Business, Emory University
- Dr. Yawei Liu, Director, China Program, The Carter Center
Ticket Price: $50 (includes lunch)
Sponsor Table: $500 (table list of ten people max due by September 15, email list to firstname.lastname@example.org)
The Carter Center
453 Freedom Parkway NE
Atlanta, GA 30307
Enter The Carter Center Parking Lot via Entrance 3, Executive Office