- 2.China’s Recent Engagement in Latin America and the Caribbean: Current Conditions and Challenges
- 3.Building Development Partnership: Engagement between China and Latin America
- 4.China in Latin America: Major Impacts and Avenues for Constructive Engagement A U.S. Perspective
- 5.US-China Trade Pact President Trump Just Signed Fails to Resolve 3 Fundamental Issues
- 6.Earth Observing Satellites and Open Data Sharing in China
- 7.The China Complex
- 8.On Grades
What to think about China and its rising power? What is the historical background and contemporary rationale behind the many and varied views about the emergence of China on the global stage? How to understand and react to China’s domestic and foreign policies?
To consider these and many other questions about China, the Qatari-based Al Jazeera Network spent months in a number of countries interviewing scholars, practitioners, and commentators. In the end, AJE produced a 90-minute documentary titled “The China Complex” as part of the network’s signature TV documentary series “The Big Picture.”
Professor Fei-ling Wang of Georgia Institute of Technology, a China Research Center associate, was one of the scholars who appears prominently in the film. In addition to being interviewed, he took part in roundtable debate in AJE’s London studio, portions of which are featured extensively in the documentary.
The film was broadcast in over 130 countries in December 2019 and it now available online in two episodes: