- 1.The Dragon’s Tail: Chengdu and Chongqing Anchor West China Advacement
- 2.Chinese Jews Return to Harbin, See a Bright Future
- 3.Asia Council’s 2005 Summer Study in China – General Studies Program
- 4.Asia Council’s 2005 Summer Study in China – Chinese Language Program
- 5.2005 Georgia Tech Shanghai Summer Program in China
- 6.Online Chinese Language Course Offered by the University System of Georgia
Georgia Tech will offer a new broad based Shanghai Summer Program in 2005. The program willbegin on May 23, and end on July 23, 2005. The location-Shanghai, China-is a dynamic metropolis. The program is jointly sponsored by the Office of International Education, the College of Engineering, and the Ivan Allen College. It will take place at the Xuhui campus of Shanghai JiaotongUniversity, located in center of the city.
The following 9 courses will be offered: CHIN 1001 Elementary Chinese I, CHIN 1002 Elementary Chinese II, CHIN 4813 Special Topic: Sino-U.S. Interactions Verbal & Non-Verbal, HTS 2061 Traditional Asia, ECON 2106 Principles of Microeconomics, ISYE 3770 Statistics & Applications, ECE 2040 Circuit Analysis, ME 3322 Thermodynamic, and CEE 2020 Statics & Dynamics, Except for CHIN 1001 / 1002, all courses will be taught in English by Georgia Tech faculty.
The program’s application deadline is February 1, 2005. Space is limited. For more information, please visit http://china.ece.gatech.edu/shanghai/ or contact the program co-directors: Prof. Haizheng Li (Economics, firstname.lastname@example.org) Prof. G. Tong Zhou (Electrical & Computer Engineering, email@example.com)